Welcome to MIAAC
This is an exciting time for masonry in Atlantic Canada. A combination of technology and skill craftsperson's has placed masonry products at the head of the list of attractive, durable, naturally made building material. And, the future looks even brighter. One reason is that at a time of increased environmental awareness and sensitivity, masonry is at the forefront of building green:
- It is energy efficient produces minimal waste and can be recycled.
- Concrete masonry, brick, and stone offer superior protection against the elements, outside noise, fire, and structural failures that occur over time.
- Masonry does not support mold growth, rot or dent as other housing materials, but remains durable through all climate conditions.
- With proper installation masonry is considered maintenance free and a good investment, adding on great resale value.
- Masonry products are environmentally friendly in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and improving waste management. Masonry products provide healthier living conditions and will cut energy cost through consistent thermal mass making it more economical to heat and cool buildings.